The future of transportation is already here. Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 201/18 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide. For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/.
We are looking for an engaged Project Engineering Manager in Motala
Within this role you will manage the technical contractual scope of modification / improvement projects with regards to the Alstom fleet in operation in Sweden (more than 300 trains) and functionally lead the project engineering team. As the Project Engineering Manager you are also in charge of the complete validation of the Project Solution and work closely with other teams within Alstom.
You will be a part of a team providing among others business cases, specifications, system development and other services. The right candidate offers the opportunity to undertake the leadership and management of this team.
The position is located in Motala but very frequent travels are required. You will functionally report to the Project Manager during the project execution. For the first 6 months you will be working at our Rolling Stock site in Salzgitter, Germany in order to get acquainted with our processes and technology. Additionally, you will spend time at our depots were train maintenance is performed.
In the scope of the projects, you will, among other things, be responsible for the project design and the application of engineering activities, supervise Verification & Validation activities and also be accountable for Engineering WP QCD.
Furthermore, you will:
• Manage the project technical risks and the corresponding mitigation plan
• Validate the technical design choices with the peers and Platform Technical Director
• Manage the project solution, meaning the customization and parameterization to meet Quality, Cost, Delivery and Performance (QCDP) commitments
• Manage the interface with the project core team
• During project warranty, coordinate actions to support resolution of pending technical issues following Project Warranty Manager (PrWM) requirements
• Consolidate REX of the Project
• University degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Automation Engineering or Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
• 3-5 years of experience in Railways system/Application engineering
• Knowledge of rolling stock equipment
• Good knowledge in Information Technology and Networking (electrical)
• Good knowledge in Human Factor, Usability, Ergonomic study
• Good knowledge in Quality – Cost – Delivery Work-package management
• Fluent written and spoken Swedish
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Speaking German would be an asset
Behavioral and Technical Skills/Competencies
• High Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Leadership and engineering team management skills
• Problem solving capacity (technical and costs evaluation of a solution)
• Capacity of managing Technical risks
• Experienced in delivering projects through multi-cultural engineering teams
Furthermore, you are a reliable and analytical person with a proactive and open-minded attitude and also a strategic business understanding. You enjoy working in a busy environment and can demonstrate a track record of accountability and on-time delivery. It is also important that you are, resilient and are able to analyse and solve problems in an independent and efficient manner.
Alstom strives for diversity in which our employees background, experience, knowledge and personalities enrich the business.
VillkorVaraktighet och arbetstid:
Alstom Transport AB